Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

A Necromancer's Crusade
Mundolf 25 Jul, 2016 @ 8:06am
First Playthrough Notes
Just finished up a play through with a mage and a ranger.

I avoided crafting to see how drops would go. I only found two belts with any stats and zero bracers. Also did not find any amulets at all. Plenty of unique weapons but only one wand and zero bows. I was still able to complete the game without much trouble (no res scrolls used). I would imagine this would be really, really easy with crafting based on the ample ingredients I found.

Poison fields from summoned spiders do not go away.

The first vendor that sells aero spells had a weird bug. No matter what spell I purchased I received a different one. For instance I bought winds of change and received slow current. I was only able to replicate this with this vendor (I didnt write down the name sadly)

The fight with all of the guardians (above Viterri's Ghost inside the crypt) can be avoided by constantly running from the initiator. This could also be used to cheese what was one of the most fun/hardest fights in the game. Is it possible to prevent moving and instantly start his dialogue?

I really liked the 200 year old cleric puzzle. The books were clearly important when you encountered them the first time but were easy to find if you missed one. Actually most of the puzzles were pretty nice.

I would encourage you to add some dialogue to the tributary note givers. Once you have accepted the quest they pretty much only say "goodbye" until you have all the requisite conditions met. I realize this is minor as your quest log does name the quest giver. The tributary quests also do not provide any xp. This could be by design as there is no need to finish more than one of them.

I feel like I missed out by not taking lockpicking, that is a good thing. Several skills that were not important had a place here. That said, I ended the game with 3 or 4 points unspent on each character. Those who have spent a lot of time playing the original may not realize that they can spread things out as much as they can.

All in all a very Neverwinter Nights feel to it. I quite enjoyed it. I played to complete everything not to look for bugs. I would be willing to do another game where I try to find bugs though.
Last edited by Mundolf; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 8:06am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
SniperHF  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:29am 
Thanks for the detail. I'll add your notes the pile for the update I'm working on.

Did you play on Classic or Tactician?

For the Guardian fight, I have a few ideas of how to fix that. I think the most likely path I'm going to take is make the "boss" Guardian already spawned and looking around. Then having support for stealth gameplay by making the dialog trip on when he "sees" you. It's just something I haven't gotten around to yet.

I really liked the 200 year old cleric puzzle.

Did you have any trouble getting the plants moved to the various pedestals?

Out of curiosity, did you figure out what to do with the Ghost of Shana, the Wailing Ghost, and the ghost with the coffin.

Did you find a way to activate both portals in the crypts?

Mundolf 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:46am 
I did have a ton of trouble moving them. I was using a controller and it took a ton of effort to get them moved.

Oh I played Classic just to see how balanced it was. I'll do tactician next with a 2handed warrior and a dual wield rogue and crafting/blacksmithing.

I actually forgot about Shana and Roger but I did the other two as soon as I found them.

I believe I activated every portal I saw.
Last edited by Mundolf; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:53am
Mundolf 25 Jul, 2016 @ 4:06pm 
Oops I forgot one thing. Not all of the novice and adept skills are in the game, is this by design?
SniperHF  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by Mundolf:
Oops I forgot one thing. Not all of the novice and adept skills are in the game, is this by design?

I used the same treasure tables Larian did. Where were you unable to buy them?

Mundolf 25 Jul, 2016 @ 9:25pm 
Started my tactician crafting run and I found the missing ones were only available from the starting vendors. The vendors after the abbey gets attacked and you clear out the undead do not have all of the novice spells but do have the master spells. That said I was unable to obtain a level where I could use master spells. I dont know how you establish vendor tables but if possible mimic the elementals from the homestead as they each have all of their respective abilities.
SniperHF  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:08pm 
Originally posted by Mundolf:
That said I was unable to obtain a level where I could use master spells. I dont know how you establish vendor tables but if possible mimic the elementals from the homestead as they each have all of their respective abilities.

Sounds like a good place to check. I'm actually not super familiar with how the EE skills work since I only played the classic version.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50