Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Roguelike Arena
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Bonesnake  [developer] 17 Jun @ 12:25pm
FAQ, Issues, and Suggestions
Thank you for taking an interest in the mod! I've worked hard on it and it's good to see that so many of you are invested in making it even better. I'll try to highlight and update frequently asked questions, issues, and suggestions in this discussion. Please note that while suggestions are appreciated and help me decide what to prioritize, some are tricky to implement or would not work well with existing tools and systems. The list of suggestions you'll find here are the most common ones and those I plan to implement. This should give you an idea of what to expect in future updates.

Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I not gain XP? Is something broken?
You do not gain XP directly and instead level up after every few battles. This is because XP required is not linear with XP gained in the game, and this is the only way to keep the mod's intended progression.

When do merchants restock?
Merchants refresh their inventory with appropriately levelled items each time you level up.

Is the mod compatible with X/Y mod?
I'm afraid there's no simple answer to this question. It usually depends on multiple factors and the best way to know for sure is to test it. As a general rule, all mods are compatible, but certain features may or may not transition well to this mod.

Do you plan to create a compatibility patch for X/Y mod?
I do not plan to create compatibility patches for specific mods while I'm still working on the mod itself. Instead, I work on making it easier for the community to create patches and to be generally compatible with other mods without needing patches.

Issues
There are some issues when loading an existing save.
See the related pinned discussion.

Sometimes recruited companions' visuals are buggy, especially when visiting the magic mirror for the first time (purple skin, wrong hair color, etc.).
There is an issue with the game's script that this mod uses for companion recruitment. Just change the affected body part in the mirror and it should appear correctly.

Suggestions
  • Some kind of boss fights and/or more complex arena objectives for added difficulty/epicness
  • Make it harder to cheese Boney by climbing ladders
  • A better/different gambling option that allows you to gamble for better items at an increased price
  • Teleport player characters to the arena more spread out so they less likely get nuked
  • More arenas (different layouts/environments)
  • Option for less battles per level to progress faster
Last edited by Bonesnake; 28 Jul @ 10:10am