Panzer Corps 2

Panzer Corps 2

PanzerCorp1-Grandcampaign
Grondel the 10/10  [developer] 27 Apr, 2023 @ 6:47pm
update 28.04.23
Campaigns:
Preludes-Ltd now exists in parallel to Preludes. In Ltd-campaigns u have limited stock, limited ammunition and limited elite replacements. By using the "Limted Stock" feature that comes with the base game (advanced options) u can adjust the number of stock u get to ur liking.
The limited stock u get is calculated by the following formula:
400 divided by units prestige value times unit size

example:
infantry unit at 250 prestige: 400 / 250 * 15 = 24 stock received
usual tank unit at 500 prestige: 400 / 500 * 10 = 8 stock received
super heavy vehicle at 1000 prestige:400 / 1000 * 10 = 4 stock received

The first time a unit shows up the recieved stock will always be big enough to field at least 1 unit.
This will be added campaign per campaign to the whole mod.

-new Random heros:(currently in Preludes for testing, please try to break the script and let me know how u did it)
at the start of a scenario, where u don´t get to buy a special hero with commendation points, u get to choose a random officer out of 3 categories. A weak one for 1.000 prestige, a mediocre one for 3.000 prestige or an outstanding one for 5.000 prestige. This replaces the random hero generated at the start of a scenario.
here are the hero-trais sorted by categorie:
weak:
CombatLuck,Distraction,DoubleMassAttack,ExpertSupport,FastLearner,FastRetreat,FerociousDefense,FierceFighter,FirstAid,LearnsFromMistakes,NoRetreat,NoSurrender,Resilient,
RiverAssault,SixthSense,SkilledRecon,SkilledSupport,SuperiorManeuver,TenaciousDefender,ThoroughPreparation,Unyielding,EntKiller3,CounterBattery,AimingAssistance,AggressiveCounterattack,Avenger,Exterminator,FearsomeReputation,FlagKiller
mediocre:
FieldRepairs,AimedShot,Butcher,CityFighter,CripplingBlow,DoubleSupport,Evasive,ExpertRecon,FastRebase,Liberator,Leadership,LowProfile,Readiness,Famous,TankKiller,ReducedSlots,EntKiller4,Survivor,DoubleMove,IgnoresZOC,PhasedMovement
strong:
ArtySupport,ATSupport,Camouflage,DoubleAttack,Envelopment,FastDeployment,HitAndRun,IgnoresEntrenchment,IncMaxOverstrength,LethalAttack,LightningAttack,MachineGun,Overrun,Provocator,Legendary,ShockTactics,StrikesFirst,Vigilant,ZeroSlots,NoRetaliation,OverwhelmingAttack,PreciseOptics,Scavenger

Each trait has a limit per campaign to reduce unwanted hero clustering due to unlucky randomness. Currently this limit is set to roughly 1 per year of the war.
This should result in a wider spread hero variety.

Some heros have further restrictions:
ZeroSlots, Camouflage, IncMaxOverstrength and NoRetaliation are currently restricted to 1 per 2 years. This can be bypassed with the General trait "Killer-Team".

FastDeployment, FastRebase, ExpertRecon, CounterBattery and FirstAid are restricted to the apropriate unit.types to reduce player puzzlement.

Once all flaws have been found and solved this will be added to the whole mod.

fixes:
- some scenarios had error message spamm. i hope i found all. please let me know if u still encounter this issue.
Kremenchug
Allerberger Pop up fixed.

Please keep reporting any issues u encounter. This helps a lot.

sers,
Thomas
Last edited by Grondel the 10/10; 30 Apr, 2023 @ 3:46am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Wolnigree 29 Apr, 2023 @ 7:13am 
cool, future update ;)
strongg 29 Apr, 2023 @ 1:20pm 
Grondel,

How do I access the new Cherbourg scenario? Does it follow Operation Hinterhalt? I loaded an old save at the end of OH, and when I ended my turn, I got a popup that said "Error: cannot resume dead coroutine".

Where do I need to enter the game to get the new code to trigger?

Thanks,

Gordon
Grondel the 10/10  [developer] 29 Apr, 2023 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by strongg:
Grondel,

How do I access the new Cherbourg scenario? Does it follow Operation Hinterhalt? I loaded an old save at the end of OH, and when I ended my turn, I got a popup that said "Error: cannot resume dead coroutine".

Where do I need to enter the game to get the new code to trigger?

Thanks,

Gordon
Hi, if u don´t want to start a new 1943NH campaign this might help u but i cannot garantie:
goto ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1072040\2410075863\Campaigns\NHEast1943\west43NHlowercountries1

and remove the NH from all files in there. There was a typo in an earlier version causing this.
This might get u there if the savegame is not to old.

Sadly the Campaign pathing is saved at the start of a campaign and carries over from scenario to scenario, so if i change anything, since 1943NH is still in developement old save games might run into dead ends sometimes.

hope u enjoyed the ride so far. ;)

sers,
Thomas
strongg 29 Apr, 2023 @ 10:43pm 
Cool, that worked. Yes, loving the campaign, but glad I didn't have to restart it.
SPAMBO 14 May, 2023 @ 6:13pm 
As I just received 2 free heroes in the first 2 scenarios of '39, I'm assuming the new 1000/3000/5000 upgrade has not been added to the entire campaign as yet?
Grondel the 10/10  [developer] 14 May, 2023 @ 6:16pm 
Originally posted by SPAMBO:
As I just received 2 free heroes in the first 2 scenarios of '39, I'm assuming the new 1000/3000/5000 upgrade has not been added to the entire campaign as yet?
it´s just in the preludes atm for testing.
rest of the campaigns will get it with the next updates. not 100% it will make it into all with next one.

sers,
Thomas
Last edited by Grondel the 10/10; 14 May, 2023 @ 6:16pm
SPAMBO 14 May, 2023 @ 6:35pm 
Thanks!
Worked without any incident in the preludes. I started a ruthless campaign which will make a fair chunk of the "strong" rated hero pool useless. I wonder if anyone has queried you as to your inclination to add code allowing heroes to be removed from the pool?

If I could remove the Envelopment, ShockTactics, OverwhelmingAttack, and Scavenger from the mix my Ruthless playthrough would be easier on the cheat codes (I'm replacing them with another random hero as determined by ChatGPT). Yours would be improved as well I believe (if I recall correctly you always use ruthless).

Cheers! and thanks again for the mod. Quite fun,
Grondel the 10/10  [developer] 14 May, 2023 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by SPAMBO:
Thanks!
Worked without any incident in the preludes. I started a ruthless campaign which will make a fair chunk of the "strong" rated hero pool useless. I wonder if anyone has queried you as to your inclination to add code allowing heroes to be removed from the pool?

If I could remove the Envelopment, ShockTactics, OverwhelmingAttack, and Scavenger from the mix my Ruthless playthrough would be easier on the cheat codes (I'm replacing them with another random hero as determined by ChatGPT). Yours would be improved as well I believe (if I recall correctly you always use ruthless).

Cheers! and thanks again for the mod. Quite fun,

Scavenger is the only one that becomes useless. i often use the other ones to get/keep units on terrain i want them to be.

adding/removing heros is quite simple if u know a little about lua-files. making this an automation or click-menu at the start of a map/campaign is too much code unless i manage to grapple how to use lua-libraries for PC2.

sers,
Thomas
SPAMBO 14 May, 2023 @ 6:57pm 
That's about as I suspected.
redmusic 12 May @ 12:29am 
Heroes not carrying over to next campaign
Grondel the 10/10  [developer] 12 May @ 3:56am 
Originally posted by redmusic:
Heroes not carrying over to next campaign
they do, they just get removed from the units to prevent all the glitches that causes. just reassigne them.

sers,
Thomas
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50