POSTAL 2

POSTAL 2

Go POSTAL your way.
The world of Paradise (and beyond!) at your fingertips. Use the same tools as RWS to create your own weapons, maps, skins, mods, and any other content your heart desires, and then piss on it all!
Learn More
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Enkay  [developer] 15 2 May, 2014 @ 2:44pm
Welcome to the POSTAL 2 Workshop
Feel free to use this forum for anything regarding the POSTAL 2 Workshop or the POSTed Development Kit. I can't guarantee that every question will receive an answer but I'll try to help out when I can.

Before you do anything check out official POSTAL 2 Steam Workshop Guide for direction on starting.

Here are some other useful guides specific to Steam Workshop:

This is not an exhaustive list, especially as we are just getting started. Keep your eyes peeled for more guides and tutorials.

If you don't want to make mods, but play them, then here are some of my favorites.

• Sandbox and Ultimate Sandbox, two free-roam game modes for going POSTAL in without the usual nagging of your Hateful Wife.
  • MrDownerup's weapon replacements. Add to (or replace!) the stock weapons with wild and wacky variants, such as a Krotchy Launcher, or a ♥♥♥♥♥ to smack your enemies with.
  • Old Timer Bystanders and Construction Worker Bystanders add more NPC's to the game.
  • If you're looking for more of a challenge, try Dude on the Run, a mod that forces you to play with your wanted meter maxed at all times, and spawns in ambush squads to attack you when you least expect it!
  • And finally, fans of AW7/AWP will want to try AW7 School, which reinstates the two bonus maps that were in the original AW7 mod.

Enjoy POSTAL 2 with Steam Workshop support!
Last edited by Enkay; 10 May, 2014 @ 8:14pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
RealHumanBeing 2 May, 2014 @ 5:06pm 
Kewl! :GasCan:
gøre<3 1 2 May, 2014 @ 5:18pm 
i suck at modding but it would be really cool if someone made a mutator for sandbox mode to make everyone rampage like on friday in the game ^_^
Enkay  [developer] 15 2 May, 2014 @ 5:32pm 
Coza: put in ApocalypseNow into the console ;)
gøre<3 1 2 May, 2014 @ 5:39pm 
okay, thanks c:
A-Mod 5 2 May, 2014 @ 8:51pm 
I don't understand one thing, if i make map i can attach some resource with map (like ogg music or scripts) and they would be downloaded with this map to workshop?
Enkay  [developer] 15 2 May, 2014 @ 10:00pm 
You can include any resources that go with the map (compiled scripts, textures, etc). Unfortunately Ogg files will not play, we didn't get to fully implement that for workshop items. Might be possible in the future though.
Nickel Jackal 2 2 May, 2014 @ 10:15pm 
Sorry but I'm a noob for modding.

I wanna change Loading area sign(rc_hourglass on Timb>sign) and other letters signs.
But it looks like nothing on POSTed Texture Browser (common\POSTAL2Editor\Textures\Timb.utx).I found that on common\POSTAL2Complete\ShareThePain\Textures\Timb.utx.
What's happen on that? and is it able to replace textures on STP textures folder by Workshop?
A-Mod 5 2 May, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
Kamek,thanks for answer.

Nick Jakal, maybe write this in other topic in workshop area ? You can't find texture ? Look at texture browser and check "groups" tab,maybe you don't press "all". Or you can't import texture? Look at path, it have group "Timb.sign.rc_hourglass". If you import your texture you need check path from where you import texture without "space". And what resolution(128*128,256*256,512*512 etc.) and format your texture have ? (you can make TGA and convert to DDS then import).
gøre<3 1 2 May, 2014 @ 11:31pm 
assuming it would be simple for people who know how to mod, could someone make textures for the blood covered weapons from the original apocalypse weekend
it would be awesum as ^_^
Nickel Jackal 2 2 May, 2014 @ 11:39pm 
Originally posted by A-Mod:
Kamek,thanks for answer.

Nick Jakal, maybe write this in other topic in workshop area ? You can't find texture ? Look at texture browser and check "groups" tab,maybe you don't press "all". Or you can't import texture? Look at path, it have group "Timb.sign.rc_hourglass". If you import your texture you need check path from where you import texture without "space". And what resolution(128*128,256*256,512*512 etc.) and format your texture have ? (you can make TGA and convert to DDS then import).
A-Mod,thanks for replying.

• Well...yes.I have wrote "can't find textures!" on Bug report thred on this forum.
  • you mean "groups" on Textures browser>Texture>Full include P2DevMat,P2ETexture etc...?
    Yes I pressed "All" button.
  • Timb>sign there is only "Texture 7th_heaven" and "Texture digital_tunes".
    http://imgur.com/a/74nb8
    I can find "Timb.sign.rc_hourglass" only when I load P2C>ShareThePain\Textures\Timb.utx and that isn't default texture load path.
    http://imgur.com/roA25bF
  • I made and replaced texture and checked that worked.

I have find you make topic about workshop question.Is is better to move my question to that? I'm sorry to cause you trouble.
Last edited by Nickel Jackal; 2 May, 2014 @ 11:41pm
A-Mod 5 2 May, 2014 @ 11:59pm 
Nick Jackal, i think,maybe your package not loaded you can check this if open your map or editor that choose pack timb in texture browser and then press button "Load entire package" Picture where is button[i59.tinypic.com]
or you can find this package in folder "common\POSTAL2Editor\Textures\Timb.utx" and look at size of this file. If pack size not 36mb then you can re install your PostED. I think this pack not downloaded in full size (steam troubles) (Yeah,my english not good).
Nickel Jackal 2 3 May, 2014 @ 12:11am 
Wooo...thank you,A-Mod! "Load entire package" is fully worked!
(You think? I don't. My english IS not good...)
Lex 3 May, 2014 @ 2:25am 
So I need to launch a new game in order to use mods? No way to change them en route?
Enkay  [developer] 15 10 May, 2014 @ 8:15pm 
Added a guide on how to create your first Workshop mod in UnrealScript!

http://gtm.steamproxy.vip/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258626248
Happy Cheeze 17 May, 2014 @ 1:29pm 
when will the mac workshop mode come out.(only an estimate)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50