SteamVR

SteamVR

SteamVR Workshop
Customize your SteamVR experience by finding new backgrounds, 3D environments, controllers and base station models.
Learn More
TwoAyEm 1 20 Aug, 2020 @ 1:48pm
Workshop Manager crashing on upload
Anyone else getting manager stalling doing "Packaging Submission Data". Just get a hang detected, then closes itself completely. I've just done a Final Compile for the first time, so not sure if that's causing issues? HDD goes full spaz until the crash. :steamsad:
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Praxeos1 4 20 Aug, 2020 @ 7:10pm 
I had that problem in the past. Is it a big file? There's a limit to the upload size (I think it's 2GB), but the application doesn't give a warning; it just crashes. If you had multiple iterations of your textures, etc. while testing and creating your addon, the compiled versions will remain in the game folder, even if you remove them from the content folder. You need to remove them from both places. If you're brave, go to the Asset Browser and select Tools/Asset Cleanup- it will automatically delete any assets that are not being used in your map.
TwoAyEm 1 21 Aug, 2020 @ 11:04am 
Done a few cleanups, it reports it as 96 meg, but no idea what it's actually trying to do. Will have a trawl through and try randomly deleting folders. Can never go wrong! ;)
TwoAyEm 1 21 Aug, 2020 @ 11:10am 
OK, 2.3 Gig of VRad "Im_block_xxxxxxxx.dat" files, but have a feeling removing that is going to defeat the object of running a final compile...
Praxeos1 4 21 Aug, 2020 @ 12:21pm 
Save some backups of any files, and good luck!
Rectus 13 21 Aug, 2020 @ 1:46pm 
Everything under the _vrad3 dir are temporary files, and should be able to be safely removed. The acutal results are packed into the map VPK.
TwoAyEm 1 21 Aug, 2020 @ 4:14pm 
Clearing out _vrad3 seems to have done the trick. Thanks. Crazy it seems to be trying to package them in the first place!
I_Monarch_I 17 May, 2021 @ 9:28pm 
I'm encountering this same issue, and have cleared out 2 instances of _vrad3 completely. Still hangs and crashes. Suggestions?
ClearWater 1 20 Aug, 2023 @ 6:00am 
I'm having the same issue and mine's well under half a GB. It starts packaging (well, the packaging pop-up shows, but the bar remains empty), then it shows a hanging pop-up, and after 10s the whole SteamVR crashes without any messages. I'm just trying to re-upload a destination that I made some changes to.

Are there any logs that might tell me why it's crashing? I can't find anything in the Windows Event logs.

EDIT: I figured it out. The Workshop Manager says the package size is 400+MB, but on disk it is actually 2+GB. I had to rebuild my map with a lower resolution light map to reduce the size.
Last edited by ClearWater; 20 Aug, 2023 @ 6:15am
Hc^its KUSH 28 Nov, 2023 @ 10:40pm 
How do you figure out the packaged size of the submission? I'm facing these same issues, but can't seem to actually know where things are being packed. Thanks.
Originally posted by rafaelpolit:
How do you figure out the packaged size of the submission? I'm facing these same issues, but can't seem to actually know where things are being packed. Thanks.

It should be the same as the size of the folder for the addon in \SteamVR\tools\steamvr_environments\game\steamtours_addons\

The workshop tools pack everything in there into a VPK file and upload it.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50