Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Barnacle Gun
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Rectus  [developer] 19 Feb, 2016 @ 2:56pm
Troubleshooting & Known Issues
Troubleshooting guide
  • The barnacle gun does not fire properly. - This is likely caused by incompatibility with other mods. Disable other addons, especially conflicting ones.
  • The barnacle gun does not spawn. - Disable other addons featuring custom melee weapons.

Limitations
The method used to add the barnacle gun is very limited, so there are features that can't be implemented optimally.

• The tongue is only visible in first person perspective.
  • The viewmodel complains about bone access.
  • Does not work with custom campaigns unless the campaign is modified to include it.
  • Requres several networked entities to be added per barnacle gun .
  • Incompatible with other addons that globally execute scripts.

Known issues
  • Tongue sometimes dissappers when switching players.
Last edited by Rectus; 28 Feb, 2016 @ 11:49pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Detective Pyro 22 Feb, 2016 @ 12:16pm 
i found a bug with the barnacle its self, when you get pummeled by the charger the weapon goes onto your head and stays there as if it is clipped to the head if you could find a way to fix it, that would be great, thank you, and have a good day
Rectus  [developer] 22 Feb, 2016 @ 1:04pm 
That's not a bug, that's where it goes when it's unequipped. Unless you mean it blocks your view or something.
Detective Pyro 22 Feb, 2016 @ 1:05pm 
oh ok
Queen Puffy 1 Sep, 2016 @ 4:59am 
can i ask how do you spawn it in campain if you are not allowed sv_cheats1 ??
Rectus  [developer] 1 Sep, 2016 @ 5:12am 
It spawn in the same place melee weapons do.
Tongue sometimes gets stuck on certain items and won't disappear.
http://gtm.steamproxy.vip/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937211586
If this happens, shooting new tongue won't stick where cursor aims.
http://gtm.steamproxy.vip/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937211599
http://gtm.steamproxy.vip/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937211610
Last edited by Morning 鰻魚精奶奶; 1 Jun, 2017 @ 1:12am
Rectus  [developer] 1 Jun, 2017 @ 1:17am 
Yeah, that can happen when something the tongue is attached to is killed. I don't think I can fix it.
I found unintentionally that Barnacle gun couldn't save a player in state of "death-screaming fall". Terrain still could kill or have player hang on the ledge even though Barnacle gun make player land on the ground lightly. https://youtu.be/u2ziXCWjafI Is it possible to solve such problem?
Rectus  [developer] 23 Jul, 2017 @ 2:31pm 
I don't think it is possible. I disable fall damage and ledge grabs while the gun is grabbing, but it looks like it's hardcoded to kill you if you start falling before it grabs.
Rico 13 Feb, 2018 @ 12:03am 
When firing, the tongue doesn't appear but when I release, It appears. Anything wrong? Though I can still use the Barnacle Gun.
Rectus  [developer] 13 Feb, 2018 @ 12:15am 
Originally posted by Pointlel:
When firing, the tongue doesn't appear but when I release, It appears. Anything wrong? Though I can still use the Barnacle Gun.
Does it do that consistently? There are some glitches with the tongue when you grapple a zombie that gets killed, but that shouldn't happen all the time.
Rico 13 Feb, 2018 @ 12:22am 
It happens most of the time
When holding Barnacle Gun and then using .50cal heavy machine gun, player would shoot Barnacle's tongue while firing heavy machine gun. Maybe minigun has similar issue.
Rectus  [developer] 4 Sep, 2018 @ 1:46pm 
Originally posted by Morning 人參精奶奶:
When holding Barnacle Gun and then using .50cal heavy machine gun, player would shoot Barnacle's tongue while firing heavy machine gun. Maybe minigun has similar issue.
Yeah, that's a general issue with the custom weapons. I haven't found any way of detecting if the player is using a mounted weapon, it still shows them as having their secondary equipped.
Axsuroth 10 Nov, 2018 @ 1:14pm 
when you dont have it equiped it goes to your head and i like that :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50