Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Shadow Editor
func_Mathias  [kehittäjä] 4.3.2021 klo 13.04
Problems and bugs
If you experience any issues like script errors, problems or just plain bugs please report here.

If you get script errors please paste the error here and explain what you did before it happened. The more info you give the more likely it is I'll be able to do something about it.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 18 kommentista
i get this every time i spawn it [Shadow Editor] gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/edit_shadows.lua:63: attempt to call field 'Initialize' (a nil value)
1. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/edit_shadows.lua:63
2. Spawn - [C]:-1
3. SpawnFunction - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/base_edit.lua:31
4. Spawn_SENT - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:758
5. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:823
6. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54
and the model is a error
func_Mathias  [kehittäjä] 5.3.2021 klo 8.31 
Oh man that's a weird one, does the other default editor entities work? (Sun/sky/fog editors) That 'Initialize' field should be the exact same those use..

My only guess could be a conflict with another addon somehow, but if the other editor entities work I kinda have no idea why it'd do that just for this one.

Have an idea for a possible fix even though I'm not sure exactly why it's happening, if you want to test I could send you an edited script to see if that works. Then update the workshop version if it does work.
the other ones don't work too
func_Mathias  [kehittäjä] 5.3.2021 klo 9.15 
Ah okay, you may want to "Verify integrity of game files" on Garry's Mod, or see if there's any addons that could be breaking them then.

I could still possibly fix the shadow one by not making it use 'Initialize', but if you could make them all work that's of course preferable.
i found out it's vjbase causing the problem
func_Mathias  [kehittäjä] 5.3.2021 klo 11.10 
Ah nice, good you got it sorted. I tried installing VJBase to see if I got the same problem but worked for me, so may be something more to it too, dunno.
when i spawn it in there is no model for it (not even a error)
it doesnt work for me
disable atuomatic shadow_control entity spawn in no shadow world?
and does this work with extended render?
i wonder if storm fox (the first one) messes with this
some props don't cast a shadow and im not sure why
Shadows pass through the {LINKKI POISTETTU}
what i do now?
func_Mathias  [kehittäjä] 3.1.2022 klo 6.34 
That's an issue with the game engines shadow rendering and not the tool. It doesn't change how shadows behave.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 18 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50