Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

BonusUniques [DE]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Malchezzar  [developer] 23 Aug, 2019 @ 9:41pm
Suggestions for New Uniques
Post here for suggestions on Uniques to add that provide interesting new playstyles or combinations.

Something like:

Unique Name:
Weapon/Armor Class:
Attributes:

Description of why this weapon appeals to you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
ModestMayhem 28 Aug, 2019 @ 7:17pm 
Something thematically interesting would be something that set a permanent status of burning, but also gave you 100% fire resistant, causing you to naturally ignite surfaces. Any further fire resistance would result in health gain. Something similar could be done with poisoned status for undead.
Malchezzar  [developer] 29 Aug, 2019 @ 7:09am 
@ModestMayhem that's an interesting idea, thanks for the input!
wynterknight 9 Sep, 2019 @ 2:14pm 
I don't know how hard it would be to set up, but a pair of boots that let you leave a wall of fire behind you as you walked, like the lava slug effect, would be cool. Or one that let you use Battering Ram but left a fire terrain in your wake. Either way, hopefully the boots would also grant some fire resistance!
Malchezzar  [developer] 9 Sep, 2019 @ 2:42pm 
@wynterknight That's not a bad idea, I'll look into it for the next batch. Thanks!
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 3:59pm 
Meditation (or) One With The Nature

Ring

+Set Peace of Mind
+Immunity to Silence/Muted
+Immunity to charm
+Immunity to Madness/Frightened/Terrified
+Immunity to Drunk, Sleeping, Blinded... Stunned, Enrage.. (Basically Immunities to debuffs that erase 'Peace of mind' buff since it seem to bug the item/buff out, requiring taking the item off and putting it back on)
+10% to all resistances ( more-or-less)
+5 to constiuation
-(possibly some debuff.. Perhaps instead of +10 to all resists, it would be 20, but the 'debuff' would be 'Deaf')

(Just an idea, possibly somewhere in 3rd Act or 4 or act 2 nearby the table where the Eteran was but then it could have , but if in 4, then could have 1 more buff like +5 intelligence or wits )

(And overall, I love the mod, and love the option to relay less on RNG and random loot/rewards for difficult quests, all appearing either useless or somewhat useful, but adding more 'Unique' Items/artifacts with set bonuses that fit some specific class and not have some perks for hunter and some for leader and/or some for summoner all mixed and split, making the item garbage.)
Last edited by Sarril; 27 Sep, 2019 @ 4:48pm
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 4:08pm 
Interesting idea for an item that I don't know if I would actually use because could actually hurt a lot, but maybe not, it's matter of balancing it out I guess. Idea for kind of a double-edged sword of an item.

Bravery (or) Bring It On! (or) sweet suffering (or) Masohism

(Unsure what sort of an item it should be, be a Ring and have a ring-model like the LOTR one, be a helmet perhaps.. hmm..)

+10 consituation/+1/2k health (less or more)
+ Immunity to all negative statuses
-30% to ALL resistances (bit less maybe if it doesn't prevent 'cursed' status, and if it does give 'curse' immunity, then even more maybe)
-Set MARKED
Last edited by Sarril; 27 Sep, 2019 @ 4:36pm
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 4:16pm 
Possibly making a ring that gives the wearner 'Blessed', +5% resists and 'immunity to cursed'

Possibly making the "Amulet Of The Tactician" give also immunity to charmed and silenced.. mental states that cancel 'Peace of mind', because if enemy tries to debuff you with such a debuff, your 'peace of mind' buff doesn't reappear untill you take the amulet off and back on, it's possibly a bug.
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 4:27pm 
Idea for.. unsure yet what slot it should take in the inventory, but I'm thinking boots.

Wind-Walk (or) Walk-over-the-water [Some peaceful, graceful, nature-related name I'm thinking](or) Predator's step [Some name more 'agressive' instead perhaps]

+Immunity to Knocked out
+Immunity to Slowed
+Immunity to Crippled
+Immunity to Enwebbed
+(possibly) Hasted
-(possibly some debuff unless it's placed in late-2-act or 3rd act)
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 5:14pm 
Is there such a thing on the list of possible buffs/debuffs in modding as 'deathfog influence immunity'? It would be interesting if there was an artifact, that gave that/a trait such as the 'undead' but it doesn't make you heal from poison or be hurt from the healing heh.

Interesting idea for an artifact, where you take damage from some status (Bleeding perhaps ), but also regenerates to prevent dying... I don't know what would be the point of the artifact then, but something could be figured out xd

Also, I'm thinking of some artifact that would grant it's owner "Apotheosis" and some more interesting buffs like maybe for an example 'Farsight'. Also, separate artifact that would set 'Farsight' on top of something else like for an example Peace of mind and/or Rested.

What do you think?
Also, do you like my ideas and like hearing them out, or it's the opposite and it's annoying you? ^^'
I just thought.. since I can't support you with modding-skills or donations with money(I can't afford it), I thought maybe I'll support you with 1. Positive comments 2. Sharing my ideas/suggestions
Sarril 27 Sep, 2019 @ 5:21pm 
Is this possible to have multiple 'skin' 'buffs' at the same time? Like "Poison skin", "Electric Skin", "Icy Skin"? Because if it is possible, it would be interesting to make an artifact that gives, sets all 3 of them on it's owner, providing some buffs, some debuffs, and some extra buff/debuff on top of that.
DrBoomXXX 2 Oct, 2019 @ 12:04pm 
Unique Name: Hiyah; Goron's Boulder
Weapon/Armor Class: 1-Handed Sword/ Shield
Attributes: Holy Damage+ Chance for Blessed Fire, Stats for Strength/Finesse, Skill Favorable wind; Chicken Claw,
Shield: +% Resistance For Earth/Fire Damage. Chance for Bleeding Fire upon Melee Hit.

On a separate note, I was also thinking about the utility of adding a book/letter for each act with the summary of all the hints provided to date for the items. Placed at the beach/off of Reaper's coast so you can pick it up if you choose, or go it on your own.
DrBoomXXX 2 Oct, 2019 @ 12:15pm 
Originally posted by ModestMayhem:
Something thematically interesting would be something that set a permanent status of burning, but also gave you 100% fire resistant, causing you to naturally ignite surfaces. Any further fire resistance would result in health gain. Something similar could be done with poisoned status for undead.

Technically it could probably be done for all of the elements, in a sense creating a character set of Elementals.
ergogeo 20 Oct, 2019 @ 8:55am 
So I have an idea, it's a bit personnal coz it would fit on a set i often play in div :

It could be called Perished earth, or anything related to both necromancy, and geomancy.
It would be any two handed weapon (staves included) based on intelligence, that do physical and earth damage.
It would have buff to necromancy and geomancy, could have a buff to warfare, and maybe other mage buff (intelligence, memory,...).

There is no such weapon in the game (actually i combine two of your wand but... i like staves better) that allow both a boost in those 2 elements, and the use of warfare skills. I love this element combo because it fit well with torturer, being bulky and doing some damage over time.

Hope my idea may interest you! Have a great day!
Malchezzar  [developer] 20 Oct, 2019 @ 11:20am 
@ergogeo hmmm that is an interesting combo I haven't thought of before. I'll look into some options for a build with that, but in the meantime you might want to use the Sentinel Mace weapon from Act II, as it deals physical damage, scales int, and buffs geo.
ergogeo 20 Oct, 2019 @ 1:34pm 
I'm pleased you like my idea!
And thanks for the tip, i'll search for this mace.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
Per page: 1530 50