KF1 Farm
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kill Master  [developer] 1 Aug, 2017 @ 9:50pm
Bug list (Please post bugs here)
Please post any map related bugs and glitches here. :peace:
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
oldmidget 8 Aug, 2017 @ 10:14pm 
i downloaded this map through the workshop but i can select from a bunch of different versions of these maps.
domingothegamer  [developer] 9 Aug, 2017 @ 2:55am 
Steaming Levels. they're map packages used to technically load and unload map files into and out of memory while toggling visibility. But we use it for multitasking for multiple people to work on 1 map at the same time. For example: 1 person works on pathing while the other works on Lighting. etc. We're currently aware of it showing in the single player map list. Just disregard this as it's a TWI glitch that we can't do anything about right now due to the cache folder not having the same priority like the main directory.

Load only the KF-KF1_Farm.kfm map.
Last edited by domingothegamer; 9 Aug, 2017 @ 2:57am
Cripple 10 Aug, 2017 @ 2:28am 
Downloaded the map, started game and launched it, game crashes on solo..(loading the map)
Last edited by Cripple; 10 Aug, 2017 @ 2:28am
Kill Master  [developer] 10 Aug, 2017 @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by Cripple:
Downloaded the map, started game and launched it, game crashes on solo..(loading the map)
Did you select the one named "KF-KF1_Farm" if you try and play any of the streaming levels the game will crash.
ToNiO 25 Oct, 2017 @ 12:28pm 
Hi guys,

i have dedicated server KF2 on linux, and i have error when i try to loading this map

http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2017/10/25/171025095046288768.jpg

strange because i have add all files of your map on my server and on my web server

-Collision_KF1_Farm
-Geo_KF1_Farm.kfm
-KF-KF1_Farm.kfm
-Light_KF1_Farm.kfm
-Pathing_KF1_Farm.kfm

and the map is correctly loaded in webadmin:

http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2017/10/25/171025095632192182.png

example i have not this problem with your other maps, the download and loading work correctly

KF-KF1_Foundry.kfm
KF-KF1_Manor.kfm
KF-KF1_West_London.kfm

do you have a idea why?

thx for your help
Kill Master  [developer] 25 Oct, 2017 @ 3:52pm 
Originally posted by ToNiO:
Hi guys,

i have dedicated server KF2 on linux, and i have error when i try to loading this map

Which file are you calling through your servers map list.
It should be like this:

[KF-KF1_Farm KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-KF1_Farm

Personally I haven’t experienced any issues with people obtaining the map through the servers workshop redirect.

The only advice I can give is to throw together a clean server and see if that works, also try getting a few others to try and join to rule out the possibility of the issue being your own client.

I’ve had errors like this before and 9 times out of 10 it was my own client.
Thorenic 11 Nov, 2017 @ 9:18pm 
So, at some point recently, this map no longer was a 1 - 1 recreation of Farm from kf1; it got shrunk down significantly and the sky and map got significantly darker. Was this done intentionally, or is it some wierd bug?
Kill Master  [developer] 12 Nov, 2017 @ 1:30am 
Originally posted by Thorenic:
So, at some point recently, this map no longer was a 1 - 1 recreation of Farm from kf1; it got shrunk down significantly and the sky and map got significantly darker. Was this done intentionally, or is it some wierd bug?
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are taking about.
The maps geometry and scale have never changed since it's release.
Thorenic 12 Nov, 2017 @ 3:32am 
Okay, so it seems that I have no screenshots from before this change occured to show a side by side comparison, but I know that a few weeks back when I loaded this map that it was about 2-4x the size, and there was an almost silent hill-esque light grey fog covering the map. Another difference I've noted between the two is that when standing near the dead horses next to one of the trader outposts there was a repeating fly buzzing ambient audio queue which is not there in the current version. I do remember playing on a server that had a variety of kf 1 maps in its rotation, so its possible that their version of kf1-farm had the exact same name as the one you created and it only updated to this one after that version was cleared from the temporary map space, or something like that' at least that's the only explanation I can think of. Anywho, sorry for the confusion!
Last edited by Thorenic; 12 Nov, 2017 @ 3:34am
Kill Master  [developer] 12 Nov, 2017 @ 7:25am 
You’re looking for this map by RockMax.
http://gtm.steamproxy.vip/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960186191
This version has the scale bumped up quite a bit, it’s at the very least 2x – 3X bigger than the original KF1 version.

My version is an exact 1 to 1 port of the original, the only change is to the lighting.
Thorenic 12 Nov, 2017 @ 2:23pm 
Originally posted by Kill Master:
You’re looking for this map by RockMax.

Yep, that's the one! Again really sorry for the hassle, I just seemed to remember the map from kf1 being much larger (maybe due to the lower movespeed). tyvm
deGoyan 24 Jun, 2018 @ 3:07am 
Hi. This is my favorite map of KF1. Thank you so much! Do you repeat "roof glitch" on your version? https://youtu.be/ujbdAhD9dvQ?t=19
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50