Dedicated tf2 server can not be found on community server browser.
I have created a tf2 server under the domain name arawn.co.uk. it is possible to connect to it outside my network as my friends have joined and I made sure to forward all ports (excluding 27015 TCP). I have included the "+sv_setsteamaccount [token]" launch tag and verified that it was successful. Furthermore, i waited a day for it to be added but it was not. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
I MIGHT JUST BE STUPID
I think this is what's going on and im gonna leave it for a while so valve can try find it.

here is the what i get when i start it:

command:
cd /home/steam/hlserver/tf2 && ./srcds_run -console -game tf +randommap +maxplayers 24 +sv_setsteamaccount [token (almost forgot to remove this lol)] -exec autoexec

output:
WARNING: No map specified! Server may not heartbeat.
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Using Breakpad minidump system. Version: 8604597 AppID: 232250
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232250
Using breakpad crash handler
Loaded 11368 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 11368 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 480 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 480 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1344 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1344 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 2863 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 2863 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/tf2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1232 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/hl2/hl2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 574 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/hl2/hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 383 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/hl2/hl2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 450 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/hl2/hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 450 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/hl2/hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/platform/platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from /home/steam/hlserver/tf2/platform/platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
server_srv.so loaded for "Team Fortress"
For FCVAR_REPLICATED, ConVar must be defined in client and game .dlls (sv_use_steam_voice)
ProtoDefs post data loaded.
ProtoDefs loaded. 20.48 MB used
ProtoDefs loaded. 20.48 MB used
maxplayers set to 24
No '-replayserverdir' parameter found - using default replay folder.
Replay: Creating thread pool...succeeded.
Replay: Starting thread pool with 4 threads...succeeded.
Cleaning files from temp dir, "/home/steam/hlserver/tf2/tf/replay/server/tmp/" ...no files removed.
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Unknown command "r_decal_cullsize"
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle.txt'.
randommap: selecting map 1 out of 1
ConVarRef dev_loadtime_map_start doesn't point to an existing ConVar
maxplayers set to 24
Unknown command "startupmenu"
Network: IP 192.168.1.9, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 440
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUtils010 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232250
Logging into Steam game server account

qhull precision error: Only 4 facets remain. Can not merge another
pair. The convexity constraints may be too strong. Reduce the
magnitude of 'Cn' or increase the magnitude of 'An'. For example,
try 'C-0.001' instead of 'C-0.1' or 'A-0.999' instead of 'A-0.9'.
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_halloween/fridge.mdl)
Connectivity test: result=Connected, in progress=0
ConVarRef room_type doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
VSCRIPT: Started VScript virtual machine using script language 'Squirrel'
VSCRIPT: Started VScript virtual machine using script language 'Squirrel'
Script not found (scripts/vscripts/mapspawn.nut)
Script not found (scripts/vscripts/mapspawn.nut)
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
SV_ActivateServer: setting tickrate to 66.7
Connection to game coordinator established.
Current item schema is up-to-date with version 1D2F08E7.
'dm_duel_18_b1_p.cfg' not present; not executing.
Server is hibernating
Connection to Steam servers successful.
Public IP to Steam is 92.7.66.10.
Assigned persistent gameserver Steam ID [G:1:10603039].
VAC secure mode is activated.

The server should have access to everything so i can't see why it's not working.
tf2 says there are no servers on my local network but i can join it with vac secured
after 3 hours, still not on list
Last edited by VacuumTube; 2 Jan @ 1:49pm
Jessie 2 Jan @ 3:35pm 
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/2EA8-4D75-DA21-31EB

also maybe try to bind to all interfaces with -ip 0.0.0.0
Have you tried to load a specific map? Because it tells you right in the beginning a heartbeat might not work with no map specified...
Are you sure you mean "excluding 27015", cause its the default port. Without a change in "-port" it will fallback to the default. If you want to use a different incoming port use the commandline switch "-port 27016", where 27016 can be a different number (between 1025-65535, i think) All of the commandline args can be found here-

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_line_options#Source_Dedicated_Server

I would also recommend a "+map mapname" in the commandline as well, usually at the end.

My router only has to forward 1 port to be able to host a srcds server, both udp AND tcp to the machine. In your case that machine is on 192.168.1.9 (this number might change if you are running DHCP {automatically get ip}), "forward" a port to it in your router settings. I use 27015.

Your router may be able to reserve or manually assign the ip to your server around the DHCP list, this will prevent the local ip of the server from changing unexpectedly.

example commandline:
./srcds_run -console -game tf -port 27015 -ip 192.168.1.9 -tickrate 66 -maxplayers 24 +map ctf_2fort

I believe autoexec.cfg automagically runs when you start the server, so you dont need to exec it in the commandline.
Have a friend connect to your ip in console with the connect command, "connect xx.xx.xx.xx:port" to see if reachable. You can also query the master servers api to see if is shows up, at this address:

Replace the x's with your external ip.

You left your "Public IP to Steam is xx.xx.xx.xx" in the log posted.
"arawn.co.uk" doesn't resolve

P.S. yoga is hard todo.
Thank you so much for the help!

After setting a map with +map, the server had no message warning me of a failure to heartbeat. I think this was the issue.

Previously i had maplist.cfg with only one map in and requested a random map from it. Not the correct way to do it but it worked so i assumed it was fine.

I just connected to find two people on it mere minutes after restarting it.
I wish you all the very best of days. Thanks!
goober 25 Jan @ 2:24am 
make sure you're specifying a map or the server will be considered dead until you do.

I see no visible problem other than the map not being specified.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50