All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
can we please an "american forum" section.
while I do like to talk politics in general.. (as in what goverment form is the best/ what ism, etc.)
I need to remind people this still is an INTERNATIONAL section of the forum.

yes it is also the english section, but most people who are here do NOT have english as their first language, my native tongue is Dutch, and so it is for most other users, english is just the lingua franka of the modern world.
-> and even of those users who DO have english as their native language only a minority has the usa nationality.

so please, realise america is not nor will it ever be "the world"
to people not of your nation, all your party bashing is equally boring, as it would be if it would for you to know all the parties and their policies in well lets pick some random countries like uzbekistan or moldova.. do you or do you want to know their election systems, parties, candidatates, prenubs, etc etc NO you do not.
so don't push that gardbadge on those who aint americans.. open your own nice group and keep that there.. or request steam moderatorion to open an American Forum..
< >
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
Nargo 15 Sep @ 1:39pm 
Maybe the rest of the world is just that uninteresting.
People do post about other country's and those topics get ignored quickly.
if we make an American forum, everybody will just want to come to it.
it is criminal that I have to read posts made by americans
Dude, Steam is run by Valve, an American company. Where there’s American companies, there’s going to be Americans. Deal with it.
They already have a dozen different forums for other languages.
It's good enough.
Last edited by funewchie; 15 Sep @ 1:43pm
Will It Come With A Wall?
Violeta 15 Sep @ 1:46pm 
Originally posted by Corvus XIII:
People do post about other country's and those topics get ignored quickly.

Yep, I tried mexico politics before. We had france, uk, threads but they died out.
Angel 15 Sep @ 1:46pm 
A "block thread" system would help those avoiding certain threads.
All of Steam is the American section. You’re lucky they let you in here.
Sorry chum, this is just the way the Internet as a whole is. A cesspit where if you say "I saw this interesting bird today" someone (typically with an anime avatar) will reply "yeah and you know why? America"
Last edited by lol. lmao. rofl.; 15 Sep @ 1:57pm
Originally posted by De Hollandse Ezel:
while I do like to talk politics in general.. (as in what goverment form is the best/ what ism, etc.)
I need to remind people this still is an INTERNATIONAL section of the forum.

yes it is also the english section, but most people who are here do NOT have english as their first language, my native tongue is Dutch, and so it is for most other users, english is just the lingua franka of the modern world.
-> and even of those users who DO have english as their native language only a minority has the usa nationality.

so please, realise america is not nor will it ever be "the world"
to people not of your nation, all your party bashing is equally boring, as it would be if it would for you to know all the parties and their policies in well lets pick some random countries like uzbekistan or moldova.. do you or do you want to know their election systems, parties, candidatates, prenubs, etc etc NO you do not.
so don't push that gardbadge on those who aint americans.. open your own nice group and keep that there.. or request steam moderatorion to open an American Forum..
It's an American forum created by an American company meant for Americans and anyone who wants to throw in their two bits. Maybe you need to be reminded about that.
No this is Gaben land
It wouldn't change anything.
NW/RL 15 Sep @ 5:31pm 
Sure, but all non-americans are disbarred from accessing the forum
< >
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details