I just heard the story of Cain and Abel.
... For the first time. I've never been a religious person so I didn't know the story until now.

The mark of Cain... Wow.

So Christianity says that people with black skin were actually cursed from God as a punishment.

So here's my question. How is any black person a Christian knowing that the Bible says their skin color is a curse from God?

I mean if I was black and I was religious and I found out about the story I would immediately quit the religion.

Edit:
Don't believe me?
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+mark+of+cain+is+people+with+black+skin&oq=the+mark+of+cain+is+people+with+black+skin&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTEzMzc3ajBqN6gCFLACAQ&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

"Baptists, Mormons, and Protestants all interpreted the “mark of Cain” as black skin and used that interpretation to justify discrimination against black people."
Última edición por Win7User; hace 6 horas
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 95 comentarios
Publicado originalmente por Win7User:
... For the first time. I've never been a religious person so I didn't know the story until now.

The mark of Cain... Wow.

So Christianity says that people with black skin were actually cursed from God as a punishment.

So here's my question. How is any black person a Christian knowing that the Bible says their skin color is a curse from God?

I mean if I was black and I was religious and I found out about the story I would immediately quit the religion.

What a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ startup.

if you read about Cain and Able how is it to do with Jesus?
To add further do you have any idea what colour Jesus was?
Última edición por Corvus XIII; hace 6 horas
That's not what the "Mark of Cain" was.
It was the Curse of Ham.
Clown Request: :denied:
what?
Thats not what that says.
The story of Cain's murder of Abel and its consequences is told in Genesis 4:1–18

Now the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have produced a man with the help of the Lord." Next she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground. In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel for his part brought of the firstlings of his flock, their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering, but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. The Lord said to Cain,

"Why are you angry,
and why has your countenance fallen?
If you do well,
will you not be accepted?
And if you do not do well,
sin is lurking at the door;
its desire is for you,
but you must master it."

Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let us go out to the field." And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel, and killed him.

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" He said, "I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?" And the Lord said, "What have you done? Listen; your brother's blood is crying out to me from the ground! And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you till the ground, it will no longer yield to you its strength; you will be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth." Cain said to the Lord, "My punishment is greater than I can bear! Today you have driven me away from the soil, and I shall be hidden from your face; I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and anyone who meets me may kill me." Then the Lord said to him, "Not so! Whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance." And the Lord put a mark on Cain, so that no one who came upon him would kill him.

Then Cain went away from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden. Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he built a city, and named it Enoch after his son Enoch.
It doesn't say that in the scripture anywhere. Just some person going off.

"And the Lord set a mark upon Cain" that's all Genesis says on this.
Publicado originalmente por Silverlight:

Dude just Google it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+mark+of+cain+is+people+with+black+skin&oq=the+mark+of+cain+is+people+with+black+skin&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTEzMzc3ajBqN6gCFLACAQ&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
https://www.gotquestions.org/mark-Cain.html

The nature of the mark on Cain has been the subject of much debate and speculation. The Hebrew word translated "mark" is 'owth and refers to a “mark, sign, or token.” Elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures, 'owth is used 79 times and is most frequently translated as "sign." So, the Hebrew word does not identify the exact nature of the mark God put on Cain. Whatever it was, it was a sign/indicator that Cain was not to be killed. Some propose that the mark was a scar, or some kind of tattoo. Whatever the case, the precise nature of the mark is not the focus of the passage. The focus is that God would not allow people to exact vengeance against Cain. Whatever the mark on Cain was, it served this purpose.

In the past, many believed the mark on Cain to be dark skin—that God changed the color of Cain’s skin to black in order to identify him. Since Cain also received a curse, the belief that the mark was black skin caused many to believe that people of dark skin were cursed. Many used the “mark of Cain” teaching as a justification for the African slave trade and discrimination against people with black/dark skin. This interpretation of the mark of Cain is completely unbiblical. Nowhere in the Hebrew Scriptures is 'owth used to refer to skin color. The curse on Cain in Genesis chapter 4 was on Cain himself. Nothing is said of Cain’s curse being passed on to his descendants. There is absolutely no biblical basis to claim that Cain’s descendants had dark skin. Further, unless one of Noah’s sons' wives was a descendant of Cain (possible but unlikely), Cain’s line was terminated by the Flood.

just to emphasize:
Many used the “mark of Cain” teaching as a justification for the African slave trade and discrimination against people with black/dark skin. This interpretation of the mark of Cain is completely unbiblical.
Última edición por wesnef; hace 6 horas

Dude just Google it.

dude this is literally what google brought up.

The belief that the mark of Cain was dark skin was used to justify discrimination against Black people, but the Bible does not explicitly state that Cain's mark was black skin:
Explanation
The mark of Cain is a topic of speculation, but some people believe that the mark was black skin so that God could identify Cain. This belief led to the idea that being Black was a curse.
History
The belief that the mark of Cain was dark skin became common among Protestant denominations in the United States after the slave trade began. This belief was used to justify discrimination against Black people, such as at lunch counters during the civil rights movement.
Bible
The Bible does not explicitly state that Cain's mark was black skin, and it doesn't provide details about whether the mark was visible.

Dude just Google it.

Everything you linked talks about interpretation.

The word of God is the Scripture. I don't notice it mention Catholics anywhere- the true Church.
MD hace 6 horas 
I'm fresh out of Jesters. Save them for the election imo.

Dude just Google it.

TIL Google is the scripture.

OP is taking the words of racists over the actual scripture. Whew.
Dude just Google it
I think there's nothing about "black skin as a curse" in the Bible, neither with Cain nor with Ham. This phrase was invented much later by racists who wanted to "morally justify" the black slavery.
Última edición por Ocelote.12; hace 6 horas
Racers add things that arent there, anything can be twisted to justify a view
Alternative Truth
About alternative truths

This is like Inception...

(enough others are answering with straight replies, so I offer this)
Última edición por Ruckman_Void; hace 6 horas
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 95 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50